- Building Contracts & Regulation Queensland (February 2016) ISBN 978-0-646-95162-1.
- In Freedom’s Cause: The Queensland Legal Profession and the Great War (contributing author) Supreme Court Library Queensland (February 2016) ISBN 978-0-9872471-9-3.
- Lexis Nexis Regulatory Compliance – Building and Construction Module (contributing author): http://compliance.store.lexisnexis.com.au (September 2016).
Presentations and Publications
- Building & Construction Security of Payment in Queensland: An Ever Changing Landscape presented to Clarence Professional Group, Brisbane (August 2018).
- Text, Context & Ambiguity: The Latest in Interpreting Commercial Contracts presented at the Contract Dispute Essentials: Seminal Steps in the Process for Legalwise Seminars, Brisbane (March 2018).
- Accessing & Defending a Contractor’s Security: Fighting to Convert or Preserve Bank Guarantees presented at the Ninth Annual Building and Construction Contracts and Disputes Conference, for Legalwise Seminars, Brisbane (March 2018).
- Expert Determination – One day course presented in Brisbane for the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors – Dispute Resolution Service Australasia (February 2018).
- Expert Determination – One day course presented in Sydney for the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors – Dispute Resolution Service Australasia (December 2017).
- Adjudication Workshop – Decision Writing: Workshop facilitated (with Warren Fisher, Noel Jensen, Jonathan Smith & Russell Welsh) for the Resolution Institute (June 2017).
- Latent Condition Claims: Seminar presented to Carter Newell Lawyers (February 2017).
- Calculation and Valuation of Progress Payments Under Security of Payment Legislation. A Queensland Perspective: Webinar presented to Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors – Dispute Resolution Service Australasia (December 2016).
- BCIPA Intensive 2016 Case Law & Legislation Update: A Snapshot: Lecture presented at the Queensland Law Society BCIPA Intensive 2016 (August 2016).
- Judicial Conduct & Natural Justice for Adjudicators: Webinar presented to Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors – Dispute Resolution Service Australasia (June 2016).
- Direct Briefing with In-House Counsel: presented (as part of a panel representing the Bar Association of Queensland) at Corporate Counsel Day 2016 for the Association of Corporate Counsel Australia (May 2016).
- Contractual Mechanisms for Termination: Key Limitations & Pitfalls: presented at Contracts Conference 2016 for Legalwise Seminars (March 2016).
- Service of Documents Under the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act 2004: Webinar presented to Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors – Dispute Resolution Service Australasia (March 2016).
- Cross-Examination Masterclass, (workshop leader) Bar Association of Queensland Annual Conference (February 2016).
- Adjudication’s New Dawn? The Proposed Amendment of the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act 2004: presented to McKays Lawyers (July 2014).
- Domestic Building Contracts: A Class All Their Own: presented at Building and Construction Law 2011 for Legalwise Seminars (March 2011).
- Building Contracts – Key Areas of Risk: presented for CPDS Seminars (December 2010).
- Effective Written Advocacy: presented at CPD Conference for All Lawyers: Cost Cross-Cultural Ethics & Written Submissions for Legalwise Seminars (July 2010).
- Strategies for Project Delivery: When Work Must Commence: presented for Legalwise Seminars (March 2010).
Building Contracts & Regulation
By Mark Williams
- Effective Management of Subcontractor’s Charges and BCIPA Payment Claims: presented to Piper Alderman Lawyers (July 2009).
- Subcontractor’s Charges and BCIPA Payment Claims – What You Need to Know: presented for CPDS Seminars (June 2009).
- Domestic Building Litigation in the Commercial and Consumer Tribunal: A Short and Very General and Perspective: presented to Warlow Scott Lawyers (November 2008).
- Restraining Calls on Bank Guarantees: A Forgotten Application?: Queensland Law Society Journal Volume 2, No 1, (July 2008).
- Proceedings in the Commercial and Consumer Tribunal: presented to the Caxton Street Legal Centre (October 2007).
- Briefing Barristers Effectively: presented to Forbes Dowling Lawyers (April 2007).
- Assessing Commercial Losses and Damages: presented at “Contract Law Update”, Brisbane (March 1998).
- Privilege and How It Can Be Lost: presented at “Discovery Privilege and Confidential Information”, Brisbane (June 1997).
- Necessity for Pleadings in Arbitration: presented to the Institute of Arbitrators, Brisbane (October 1996).
- Preparing the Way for Damages: presented at “Contract Law Update” Brisbane (September 1996).
- Notices to Show Cause and the Building Contract – Requirements, Validity and Interpretation: published in (1995) 11 BCL 169.
- Getting Work and Getting Paid: published in Queensland Master Builder, Vol 32, No 7, (February 1995).
- Is “Nil” an Effective Shield Against Liquidated Damages?: published in Queensland Master Builder, Vol 32, No 6, (December 1994 and January 1995).
- Professional Negligence and the Engineer: presented to The Institute of Engineers, Gladstone, (October 1994).
- Quality Assurance: A Dark Cloud Despite the Silver Lining?: published in 40 ACLN 53 and Sedwick Newslink (September 1994).
- Superintendents – Duty of Care to Contractors: published in 35 ACLN 66 (April 1994).
- Liquidated Damages for Delay and Extension of Time Clauses: Some Myths Exposed: published in Queensland Master Builder, Volume 31, No 10, (May 1994).
- Copyright for Builders and the Subcontractors Charges Act: presented to the Queensland Master Builder’s Association (April 1994).
- A Brief Look at the Amendments to AS2124-1992: published in Queensland Master Builder, Volume 31, (December 1993 and January 1994).
- Bank Guarantees: The Saga Continues: published in 32 ACLN 37 (October 1993) and The Chartered Builder (November 1993).
- AS2124 and You: An Overview of the Latest Changes: published in Queensland Master Builder, Volume 30 (October and November 1993).
- Drafting of Legal and Commercial Documents: Building Contracts: the University of Queensland (October 1993).
- SCNPWC3 – Show Cause Notice – Obligation to Act Reasonably: published in 32 ACLN 57 (October 1993).
- Professional Negligence and the Engineer: presented to The Institute of Engineers, Rockhampton (September 1993).
- Section 46 of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (as amended): Misuse of Market Power – A Modern Day Catch 22? (1992) 22 QLSJ 377.
- UNCITRAL Model Law of International Arbitration: presented to Queensland University of Technology Masters Seminar (September 1990).